Freeman on Ford : 'A jewel in Beechworth's crown'
Welcome to Freeman on Ford 5 Star Luxury Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
Immerse yourself in a world of opulence and luxury at Freeman on Ford Luxury Bed and Breakfast in the heart of historic Beechworth.
Built in 1876, Freeman on Ford was originally the Oriental Bank, once favoured by Beechworth's then substantial Chinese gold-mining population. Designed in the Renaissance palazzo mode by prominent Melbourne architect Leonard Terry, in recent years Freeman on Ford has seen meticulous renovations in which the building's Victorian Italianate architecture has been returned to its original splendor.
Four generous guest rooms in the original bank building are complemented by two glamorous 1930s styled suites, added in 2010. Interiors decorated with pure crystal chandeliers, sumptuous fabrics and evocative colour schemes add to the hotel's lavish atmosphere.
Freeman on Ford offers the kind of personalised service usually only found in a small boutique hotel. Inspired by their own dreams of luxury and gracious living, Heidi and Jim wish for guests to end their stay feeling that their spirits have been uplifted.
Guest Room Features
- Four opulent, Victorian-era guest rooms with en suites.
- Two glamorous 1930s style suites with opulent marble bathrooms.
- Modern technology complements the hotel's old-world charm. Rooms have complimentary wireless internet,
telephones with free calls to landlines anywhere in Australia, and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.
- Room bookings come with a full hot breakfast using fresh local farm-gate produce (with dishes selected from our in-house menu); and a traditional silver-service afternoon tea.
In House Beauty Services
Appointments by arrangement
Freeman on Ford is proud to arrange the following services in house:
- Relaxation Massage
- Express Pedicure / Manicure / Lash Extentions / Shellac Pollish before your night out
- Located in the heart of Beechworth's Historic Precinct, close to fabulous shopping and restaurants.
- Private 12 m pool and heated spa in private formal gardens.
- Undercover parking in 'the stables,' with valet parking by arrangement.
- Grand chandelier-lit foyer; sun-filled dayroom with kitchenette and garden views; formal dining room with twelve-seater table; and reading/drawing room.
- The grand foyer, dayroom and dining room are all suitable for a variety of small private gatherings, meetings and training sessions, and come with access to separate visitor amenities.